Search - Please select a Directory
Featured ListingKane Magic
1812 E Park Blvd
Dallas TX 75074
Balloons From Birthdays to Baby Showers, They're Just Perfect!
By: Raymond Plona
One of the best items to spruce up a party are balloons. Not only do they add the festive touch to a gala venue, but can be used as entertaining party game accessories as well. As if this were not enough, balloons that last out an entire party are often taken away as well-liked return gifts. Be it a casual gathering of colleagues and friends or a solemn occasion as a nuptial golden jubilee -balloons are the common attendees.
Children may well be supposed to be the chief consumers of balloons as their parties are hardly complete without these, but the story does not end there. Even adult meets use balloons as part of the decoration theme and grown-ups enjoy balloon games as much as the young ones.
Birthday party balloons come in various forms:
1. Plain latex balloons are the most common. With not design on them, they are available in a myriad of colors which will be handy so they can match your party theme. Very popular with DIY people, they can be easily home decorated with paint, color markers and other decorative items.
2. Printed latex balloons come with pre-printed messages or images which can be customized to suit the birthday party.
3. Shiny latex balloons may be printed or plain but are made of shiny rubber so they appear almost metallic. Often more expensive than the normal latex balloons, these are classier-looking and more often used for adult parties.
4. Foil balloons are longer-lasting than normal ones. Made of very thin plastic, they are not just multi-colored but specifically designed and shaped as well. Because of the more durable material than normal rubber or latex, they can also be huge in size which makes them pretty party souvenirs too.
5. Giant balloons are often in the shape of full sized characters. They may resemble famous persons, animals or favorite children characters. These plus sized balloons are always a delight for children and can last anywhere from a few months to a few years.
Probably the balloons owe their popularity to the fact that they do look mighty attractive. As with most artistic things, so with the balloon, the correct setting is the key to upping the beauty quotient of one's party. One of the ways venue decorators utilize the balloons is by creating a string of them and festooning the entry and exit points to give a gala effect. Another way to maximize the decorative potential of balloons is to bundle them up to the ceiling from where they may be released at a moment's notice just as the chief guest walks in or when the cake is cut. Gatherings of adults is better suited to this activity.
No balloons at a children do is a sheer no-no. Children love them all â€“ printed or plain, all balloons are given comparable attention. They play with them at the party venue and then take it back home for an extension of the party fun. Naturally, balloon parties are characterized by two types of child-guests - those that love bursting the balloons and those that do not!
However, balloons are not restricted to birthday celebrations. Office gatherings, friends reunions, anniversaries - and even religion-themed get-together like Easter and Christmas get their dose of festivity from the balloons. Especially, the baby shower event has loads of decorative balloons.
Baby shower balloons are designed specifically for that lovely baby-and-mamma-celebrating event of baby shower. They come usually adorned with charming and delectable icons like teddy bears, hearts and baby girl or boy figures. To suit the purpose, these balloons adopt the outline of hearts, bibs, baby bottles, flowers or umbrellas. Alternatively, the balloons may be cut out to resemble friendly members of the animal kingdom like frogs, ladybugs, kittens and puppies. Do not be too surprised if a baby elephant bearing an elaborate "It's a boy!" messaged, cheerfully ambled into the next baby shower party venue you attended.
Of course, baby shower balloons cannot be exactly remembered by the young member for whom the party was thrown in the first place. However, if the parents have been using the durable foil balloons, they may preserve these as keepsakes for their youngster to grow up and admire. Foil balloons can withstand deflation longer than latex balloons and hence they may be stored for a long time. Besides, they also do not burst easily and the qualms of parents that a balloon-burst may terrify their youngster are calmed effectively.
Whether it is a birthday celebration or baby shower, balloons always manage to add a little bit more fun. After all, everyone always has fun bursting them at the end of the party.
Published At: Isnare Free Articles Directory http://www.isnare.com
Permanent Link: http://www.isnare.com/?aid=387718&ca=Entertainment